|| Homemade sugar coated, buttermilk drop biscuits, drenched with sweet strawberries and peaches topped with cream cheese whipped cream. PURE BLISS. The perfect remix to traditional strawberry shortcake. ||
Is it just me, or is it really hard to believe that the 4th of July is already over?!
I spent the day jumping on a RAVE…a water trampoline on one of the 10,000 lakes in Minnesota.
Even though it was cloudy and rainy most of the day…my cousins, sisters and I still had a blast.
Of course I ate lots of fabulous food…here’s a couple things I made. My grandpa’s famous baked beans and red white and blue mini vanilla cupcakes!
Really wish I had more pictures, but that’s all I took! Oops!
Even though the 4th is over, we still have plenty of Summer left 😉
Aka…plenty of time to make this amazing Strawberry Peach Shortcake with Cream Cheese Whipped Cream!
I don’t think I know anyone that doesn’t like strawberry shortcake.
Am I right?
Or am I right?
I’ve always preferred biscuits for the shortcake instead of angel food cake or pound cake.
I just love the texture of biscuits…especially buttermilk biscuits.
Flakey, buttery and not too sweet…which makes it the perfect balance for strawberries and whipped cream!
Besides strawberries…which I know i’ve talked about how much I adore strawberries before…
Summer, is all about peaches.
I secretly wish I was from Georgia. I can only imagine how amazing Georgia peaches taste this time of year…
Since I have an infatuation with strawberries AND peaches…why not make strawberry peach shortcake?!
I found an amazing drop biscuit recipe from the Pioneer Woman – Ree Drummond! The biscuits had a hint of almond in them and are AMAZING….my new favorite biscuit recipe!
Plus they’re breeze to make!
Sometimes biscuits or any form of bread for that matter, can be daunting to make. This recipe is super simple!
To top all this dessert off I didn’t use just any whipped cream – cream cheese whipped cream.
When I took a bite of this Strawberry Peach Shortcake with Cream Cheese Whipped Cream I was in shock at how good it was!!
This actually happens every time I create something so unbelievably yummy…my jaw hits the floor. Did I, Kelly, really create this??
These strawberries were picked by my family too. NOTHING beats freshly picked berries!!
1000000x more flavorful and beautifully red inside.
Anyways, i’ll stop chatting and give you the recipe…
Here’s this bomb recipe, hope you enjoy it as much as I do 😀
- 2 C. Strawberries
- 2 Peaches
- ¼ C. Sugar
- 3 C. Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- ¾ C. Cold Butter
- 1 and ¼ C. Buttermilk
- ½ Tsp. Almond Extract
- ½ C. Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 C. Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ C. Powdered Sugar
- First prep the berries. Wash and trim stems of strawberries. Slice and add to medium size bowl. Wash peaches and slice. Add to strawberries.
- Add sugar to berries and mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in food processor or large bowl.
- Add cold butter in small pieces. Pulse processor until it looks like cornmeal or oatmeal. Use a pastry blender/fork if not using a processor.
- Add the almond extract into the buttermilk.
- Slowly add buttermilk mixture to processor. Pulse or stir until dough as formed.
- On two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper, take a spoon and drop spoonfuls (about ¼ C.) onto prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle biscuits generously with sugar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until slightly brown. Let cool or serve immediately.
- When ready to serve make whipped topping. Using soft cream cheese, beat in a small bowl for about 1 minute. Slowly add heavy whipping cream and beat until firm (about 2 min.) Add powdered sugar and beat for a few more seconds until incorporated.
- When ready to eat, assemble by cutting biscuit in half. Add desired amount of fruit, whipped topping and finish with the top of the biscuit. Enjoy immediately.
What are you waiting for??
Make this dessert tonight!
You’ll impress not only yourself but whoever is lucky enough to eat it with you!
Thanks so much for visiting LEFT SIDE OF THE TABLE!
Have a fabulous Wednesday 🙂