Crispy, crunchy banana flavored granola with 3 different kinds of nuts – pecans, almonds and walnuts! Plus dried banana chips! Inspired by banana nut cereals, with a lot less guilt ant not to mention a much shorter list of ingredients 😉
I kinda have something i’m THRILLED to share with all of you!
Beyond thrilled actually!
Here it is…
I’m officially moving to NYC this fall to go to Culinary School!!!!!
I just love the sound of that.
Ahhh, i’ve had this brewing since the beginning of 2014…so it’s nice to get it off my chest and tell people!
It’s clearly a long process.
Before I applied though, I wanted to make a trip to NYC to visit the schools I was interested in. If i’m moving across the country and making the investment financially, I had to be damn certain I was making the right decision.
I visited with my mom and Kristin in April and as you can imagine, it was perfect. I got that feeling that’s where i’m supposed to be! YAY!
Most of you probably don’t know – I have a Bachelors degree in Management and minor in International Studies.
I honestly never thought I would go to Culinary School because I never wanted to be just a Chef at a restaurant.
I wanted more. And I still want more.
I CRAVE to learn more about food and the industry.
I’m really excited to see where Culinary School takes me and also how it changes me.
Obviously it will be for the better 😉
Don’t worry about my blog – i’m DEFINITELY not going anywhere! Can’t wait to blog from NYC.
Should be interesting trying to cook and take pictures in a teeny-tiny kitchen.
Onto this granola…
Have you had banana nut cereal?!? Cause it’s BOMB.
My grandma Ruth and sister Kristin are obsessed with it and I sneak a little handful every time I visit.
Shhh don’t tell 😛
The crunchy cereal with granola and banana chunks in it ohhh my. It’s just heavenly.
I love cereal, i’ll admit. But never ever buy it anymore.
I used to kinda go overboard on serving sizes with captain crunch and reeses puffs.
Anyways, I was in the mood for making granola and Kristin had just bought a box of the banana nut cereal when I was with her…so VOILA, that’s how it came to me!
Here’s the recipe, ENJOY
- 2 and ½ C. Organic Old-fashioned Rolled Oats
- ¾ C. Chopped Nuts - Pecans, Almonds and Walnuts (use any kind you wish!)
- ¼ C. Dried Banana Chips
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Ripe Mashed Banana
- ½ C. Pure Maple Syrup
- ¼ C. Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- First preheat oven to 300 F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, nuts, banana chips, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, mix mashed banana, syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Next add liquid to oat mixture. Mix with wooden spoon until well combined.
- Dump on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes. Take out every 15 minutes to stir/flip (important so doesn't burn!!)
- After cooking for 45 min, should be crunchy granola. Leave it in for longer if it needs more time.
- Let cool before serving.
**Adapted recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction – Vanilla Almond Granola Recipe**
You’ve just gotta try this Banana Nut Granola!
Thanks for visiting LEFT SIDE OF THE TABLE! Tomorrow i’m running a half marathon, send positive vibes my way 😉