Ouh la la! Herbs de Provence seasoned chicken, stuffed with creamy swiss cheese finished with a white wine sauce and capers. This chicken will make you feel sophisticated and elegant but leave you drooling for more….
This chicken was one of my most favorite meals when I was younger (and still is, by the way!)
What a fancy meal to have as a favorite, huh? Can you imagine a little 10 year blonde girl describing this as their favorite meal.
I couldn’t just say cheese pizza or macaroni like most kids. Nope, Swiss Cheese Stuffed Chicken with White Wine Sauce all the way baby!
Ok, pizza is one of my all time favorite foods…but this dinner is way at the top!
If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you’ll know how often I share my favorites…and boy let me tell you, I have quite a few of them!
I’ve been meaning to post more dinner items…
I’ve had friends and family that have told me they want more good dinner recipes!
Most of them know I cook dinner a lot for my family, or random people that are at the house…I truly love cooking and entertaining for guests. It brings me pure joy to fill someones stomach and see a big smile on their face after they tell me they loved it (that’s actually the best part!) 😀
To sit down and really enjoy every aspect of a meal is really important to me.
I grew up sitting down at the table every single night with my family. Sure we had activities, but we always seemed to make it work.
Although a lot of families do this, I know some families don’t. I’m forever thankful for that precious time!
And guess what guys??? I sat on the LEFT SIDE OF THE TABLE!
No lie. I did.
That’s how I came up with the name…
I’ve had people ask me. I should probably put that in the KELLY section, huh?
When choosing a blog name, I didn’t want another cliche blog name like so many people already have.
I’m so happy I called it LEFT SIDE OF THE TABLE.
Here’s the recipe, ENJOY
- ⅓ C. Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Herbs de Provence
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 OZ. Swiss Cheese
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¾ C. White Wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2 Tbsp. Capers - Rinsed
- Kitchen twine
- First in a wide bowl, mix flour, herbs de provence, salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- Next make sure swiss cheese is ready. If not already pre-sliced, do so now. Doesn't matter thickness of cheese slice. Set aside.
- Wash and pat dry chicken. Place one at a time in a large ziploc bag, pound out chicken until evenly flat. Get it as thin as you can, but not too thin so it breaks. About ¼" thick.
- In a medium skillet place melted butter and oil. Do not turn on yet.
- Take each chicken breast one at a time, place half of cheese (about 2 OZ.) in center of chicken breast , fold each side then top and bottom like an envelope, Grab kitchen twine and wrap and tie chicken. Make sure cheese is completely tucked away. Otherwise it will all run out.
- Take the sealed and stuffed chicken and roll very well in flour mixture to completely cover chicken.
- Place floured chicken in skillet (add more herbs, salt and pepper if you wish) turn on heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes. You will want to make sure to keep rolling it onto a new side every minutes or so to make sure evenly browned.
- Once chicken is done cooking and well browned, remove from heat to add wine.
- Put chicken back on heat and add capers. Let wine cook for about 5 min or so over medium-low heat. Sauce should thicken a bit. Serve immediately.
Have a dinner party, light some candles, turn on a little Frank Sinatra and serve this to your guests. You can easily multiply this recipe 😉
Thanks so much for visiting LEFT SIDE OF THE TABLE. Love having you here! Have a lovely weekend!