Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a relaxing weekend, I definitely did.
I’ve got wonderful meal to try this week!
Today i’m showing you one of my all time favorite chicken recipes, lemon pepper chicken…made from scratch of course.
I’m talking tangy lemon, with loads of black pepper and garlic sauce smothered on chicken over a bed of freshly roasted asparagus. Sky high flavor, with a few simple ingredients. Such a light, yet satisfying meal. Mmmmm!
Would have been perfect for the grill, but since I live in Minnesota, and the grill is covered in snow…. guess that won’t be happening. Awesome, right?!
Now… how many of you out there love lemon pepper chicken as much as me??
And how many of you are guilty of buying the marinade out of the bottle?
I know I totally have….and remember my parents using bottled marinades growing up. It’s easy and fast. Two things most Americans look for when it comes to cooking.
Well guys, now you never buy another bottle of lemon pepper sauce or marinade EVER again because you’re going to see how easy it is to make yourself!
Exciting right?! Haha, I would find that exciting!
The thing that’s easy to forget is bottled sauces are usually loaded with preservatives and additives you don’t need, and the truth is, this marinade is SUPER easy to make from scratch!
Plus think of the bragging rights you have when you make things from scratch!
Here’s the recipe! Enjoy 🙂
Tangy Lemon Pepper Chicken with Roasted Asparagus
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil drizzle
- 1 Asparagus bundle
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Lemons
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Wash and break the ends off of the asparagus (don’t cut them bend at the bottom until it breaks…usually 2″ up.) Place on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, add a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Put in oven for 20-25 minutes.
3. While garlic is cooking wash, pat dry and prep chicken. Cover each chicken breast with pepper (don’t be afraid to use a lot) and a pinch of salt to each one. Set aside.
4. Take 2 of 3 lemons. Wash and cut in half. In small bowl, squeeze juice from each one. Discard any seeds that are in juice.Take the third lemon and cut into thin slices, set aside. Add lemon juice to oil/butter/garlic mixture. Add chicken.
5. Cook chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side. Once you flip chicken over, add lemon slices and 1 Tbsp butter. Once both sides are browned, chicken should be done. Serve immediately over asparagus. Add extra sauce. Garnish with extra lemon wedges or slices.
If you’re wondering weather or not to eat the lemon slices…yes, do it. I love them when they are cooked. Might be too sour for you…i’ve always loved sour things!
Having some kind of potatoes would be a great pairing too! I just try not to eat many potatoes. Plus asparagus is in season!
Have a lovely Monday everyone!