December is filled with Holiday parties….and FOOD of course is what it’s all about!
This Stuffed Mushroom recipe holds special meaning for me. It is because of this recipe from my Great Auntie Lee, that I began to love mushrooms. Like so many people I used to hate mushrooms. It seems people either love them or hate them; there is no in between.
Now I absolutely love mushrooms!
I still remember the exact moment that I tried this Stuffed Mushroom for the first time…I surprised myself when I actually liked it! It is filled with a delicious sausage and cheese center…um what could be better than that??? The flavors go together perfectly.
If you’re looking for the perfect new recipe to WOW guests at a party or for an appetizer on Christmas…here you go. I made these at my family Christmas Party this year, and it was the first thing to go.
- 3-4 Containers of Baby Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 # Sausage
- 1 8 oz. Cream cheese block
- 1 1/2 C. Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 4-5 Garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. Parsley (freshly chopped)
- 1/2 C. Italian bread crumbs
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet over medium heat, begin to cook Sausage. Break up into very small pieces.
4. While meat is still cooking, prep mushrooms for stuffing. Take a damp paper towel, and wipe dirt off mushrooms (DO NOT rinse because it makes the mushroom firm.) Carefully pull out the stem so you don’t break the mushroom.
7. Take a teaspoon and carefully stuff each mushroom. Put enough in so it overflows mushroom slightly.
8. Once all mushrooms are stuffed, top with remainder cheese. Put about a pinch on each filled mushroom.